If a wifi card issue discovered in a device and it is sent away for repair HP will ask for a wifi component test this can be done by following the directions below:
- Turn on the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- In the Main menu, select Component Tests.
- In the Component Tests menu, select Networks.
- Select Wireless.
- Click Run once to start the test.
- When the test is finished, the results display.
If the test result is FAIL, write down the failure ID (24-digit code). The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.